Open Discussion - U.S. Taxes
Discussion of U.S. taxes
The original responses to the post can be read at the bottom of the current post page on the site or in the link to a post on Facebook and of course you are invited to join the discussion
- Trump also has a history of insolvency because of that loss so made him legal not to pay taxes apparently. Even everything related to the issue of financing and refinancing on the property is not considered "income" even though it is liquid money for all intents and purposes.
- If your llc is in the real estate field, and you have accumulated $ 100 profit, and now you have bought a property at $ 70 and renovated at 30. The 30th is an expense that you can report, and also all the expenses of the purchase - tax lawyer etc.
- The rules here are different. As part of the taxes, you declare the interest on the mortgage as an expense, renovation and travel to search for properties or to treat tenants, insurances, real estate taxes, etc.
- Tax paid on profit only… No profit No tax paid. What you mean is captive profits but it is not related here it is related to corporations.
- Capital gains recognize expenditures that were in the United States, with the exception of depreciation calculated using another method and fuel flight expenses and hotels not recognized in Israel as an expense. With regard to withdrawing money, it has nothing to do with paying taxes. Even if the money remains in the United States, he is liable for full tax in Israel.
- It depends on which tax route you choose there is a route since it recognizes all expenses and is taxed according to the marginal tax. There is a track that is 15% peaks and does not recognize expenses other than depreciation and some other types of creative expenses…
- Hey Omri
What is the situation
If it is a company and there is no distribution of profits then exactly what will be taxed
Affidavit that there is no money and no profit will invest the money in the subsequent construction of assets
And then what will they do if the money is invested?
There was no financial gain.
And besides in the near future if God helps
Trump will reduce corporate tax to 15%.
Then they will speak Chinese here
There is already pressure in the tax authorities and they are trying to prepare a response before the strike comes.
I'm in my mind of leaving here at all and the sooner the better.
Then take a tax from God
- For those who want to know - there are also exceptional cases where you can not pay withholding tax to foreigners in the US at the time of sale. After the crisis as far as I can remember (I'm not a taxman) some of the regulations got a little worse.
- Post posted today by a friend about the differences in companies and taxes in the US: Carmela's weight loss and the connection between lingerie and taxes (different ways to start a business in the US / local American taxation / and corporate law) 6:45 in the morning, my wife moves me "You snore hard, you can not sleep Like that, ”I get up half drunk, get stuck in something and crash on the floor, turn on the light and see a bag of Victoria's Secret on the floor.
"Why this Victoria on the floor?"
"So that you do not forget to take it to Meital because Effie is returning to Israel and bringing her this gift from us"
I feel the gland on my head from the blow to the head, trying to understand, "What Victoria's Secret, let's bring her something that is not in the country."
"There is no Victoria's Secret in the country, she mumbles out of sleep"
"No way, I answer, as if an authority in the field, in every hole, has their branch, they must be like McDonald's"
"There are no them in Israel, only at Ben Gurion Airport"
Then as if the hand of God touched me, full of frenzy, I felt a flash of lightning in my mind.
In my mind I saw currents of dollars pouring over me,
"If there is no Victoria's Secret in the country - then let's get there"
I leapt to the computer, and began to wave and a few minutes of research brought me back to reality.
Already someone has been licensed to be a small-scale franchisee.
So make a decision in my heart - I'll start small - I'll build a local brand, take the international concept and convert it
And so the idea of selling only khaki women's underwear was born. It will be a brand and I will call the concept “Carmela Weight Loss” on the weight of Victoria Secrets
I will manufacture the underwear here in New Jersey, develop a related company in the country and the manufacturer will sell to a related company in the country that will be a marketing arm in the country.
The first decision seems to be how to act legally / taxally
When a person wants to start a business activity here in the United States, first deciding on the mode of engagement, he or she can act directly as an independent or as a company. What is better? The disadvantage of this company is the establishment and operation costs and annual payment for the tax report, but the advantage is a separate legal entity that in the ordinary course of business will create legal buffer and claim protection (for example, if someone buys my new brand underwear and they fall apart after washing, it can sue the company and repay its assets and not You can come to me personally, usually)
Okay - so I'll go over the format of a business activity through a company. Now - What types of companies are there? We will divide the discussion into corporate law and then tax law
At the corporate law level it is possible to operate through LLC or through Corporation - these are different legal instruments - bottom line LLC brings with it less binding administration than Corp, another difference is set-up costs - in some US states setting up LLC requires publication in records, and in Manhattan for example Hundreds of dollars.
At the level of tax law - Tekles is the most interesting… I notice companies that I call opaque and those that I call transparent.
A sealed company (like a standard company in Israel), is a separate company from the owner for tax purposes, the profit is hers and the tax is hers, if the owner pulls out money, that's extra tax! Either in the form of a salary or in the form of a dividend - within the small and medium business sector - I avoid opening these types of companies because they bring in double taxation.
I will avoid a numerical example so as not to get tired.
The next model - is the transparent company (if I accept the existing model in Israel, then I accept a partnership or family or home company), the ingenious idea of activity in this kind of company - that you can act as a company and get the legal protection that a company provides and at the same time you can avoid double taxation as in the model the previous. The profit is quantified only once and it commits as if you didn't start a company at all, according to your tax rates.
I am sitting with Indian graphic designer Kommarjan to build the Natalie logo and her friends come in and see the underwear models of Shoshana’s slimming and keep laughing. "Say you fell on your head" It seems to you that someone will go with a khaki-colored bottom and Anat joins in "I would be happy to buy ones that my husband will stay away from me a little and have peace of mind"
They are undermining my confidence in my new brand now. It seems to me a great shot that Jewish American mothers would buy their girls such underwear
Under the tax-transparent companies - we can nominate the LLC and the S CORP - both for tax purposes will look like you haven't opened a company and yet a profound tax difference between them: you know there are some types of taxes in the game (federal, state, municipal, such as NYC and FICA taxes )
The huge difference is in FICA Taxes While at LLC you will snap 15.3 FICA TAXES in S CORP, you will pay this tax solely on a salary you withdraw (at reasonable market wages) and the balance you can deduct as a tax-exempt balance.
The downside to S Corp is that you will have to pay for the pyrol operating costs.
And here is the tax planning "5 units in mathematics" for those who operate within the city of New York => The city of New York also imposes its own tax so you choose to operate as S Corp, you can save on New York City taxes if your income exceeds $ 127000 and by drawing another salary , The extra salary will not be subject to Social Security tax and all that you rent will be an expense that will erode the profit for NYC purposes - a pleasure - it can not be done in LLC but do not find out I told you.
So far today, on second thought - it seems to me that we will stay with Victoria's Secret… ..
The author is an accountant and jurist who deals with taxation, law and accounting in the Israeli American and international arena, the writing is for general education only. A decision should not be made without a detailed examination of the facts. The text does not establish a client-accountant / attorney relationship.